Thursday, February 17, 2011

And the Laughs Just Keep on Comin'

Surprisingly, Oscar loves putting together all baby paraphernalia.  Give him a few Christmases, and he may feel differently.  For now, though, whenever we receive a new baby gadget, O is eager to assemble it, even if Ford isn't yet ready for said gadget.  So, Ford's Exersaucer has been assembled since Christmas, even though he wasn't close to being able to sit up in it.  In fact, we held him in yet for just a second after we put it together, and he went wide-eyed and stone-silent.  I think it was just sensory overload. 

Even though Ford isn't quite sitting up yet, and he's certainly not bored with batting at the toys dangling on his beloved playmat, I thought he might be ready for a new activity.  I sat him in his Exersaucer yesterday afternoon, with a pillow behind him for support.  As the video below shows, he's most amused with his new toy.

He's laughing more and more these days, although never at the same thing twice.  A bit of a bummer:  when O gets home, I always try to recreate whatever situation sent Ford into hysterics earlier that day, and Ford just stares at me like I'm boring and nuts.  Can't engineer this kind of hilarity, Mommy.  It just has to happen.





1 comment:

  1. So cute! Laughs just like his Papa when he wa a baby

    ReplyDelete