Friday, January 28, 2011

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Ford giggles all the time, but he's only given a big belly laugh twice before today:  once at his balloons, another time at Oscar/his playmat.  Today, though, he unleashed the mother of all belly laughs.  I laid him on our bed to look at the fan while I dried my hair.  Immediately, he let out a screech that sounded like the beginning of a cry.  I thought something must have frightened him, so I picked him up and held him.  He seemed fine, so I put him back down.  He scrunched his face up, I thought "oh, no, here we go," and then he began to just squeal with laughter!  It was the most wonderful, joyful sound ever!  When I realized he was pretty committed to laughing for a while, I ran for the camera.  Here's the video:



It really was the most fun sound I've ever heard!  I always feel a little bad when he does something new and exciting, and there's no one but me here to see it...but I'm also reminded of how glad I am to be at home with him.  Even though the days are sometimes long, I am so grateful that I have the privilege of catching these sweet (and hilarious) moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment