Or, at least he knows who we are. In the video below, Oscar is showing Ford a photograph of the three of us. Not to brag...but I think he's a pretty clever little buddy.
By the way, Ford usually is naked baby for the hour in between dinner and bath. Dinner is a messy endeavor, but a new costume by this point in our day just isn't worth it. Besides, he likes working in the buff.
Another funny Ford story regarding knowing his parents: The other night, I was feeding Ford his dinner before O arrived home. We were in our kitchen...I was standing at the counter, and Ford was sitting in his high chair, where he could see through the dining room and living room to the front door. I thought I heard Oscar's car pull up, and I said to Ford, "Dada's here!" Ford craned his head around the side of his chair and stared down the front door, all the while wiggling his whole body. Turns out, dumb-dumb Mama was mistaken. When his Dada did not immediately appear, Ford became most upset with me. As the minutes passed, he kept staring at the door and fussing. I regretted my off-hand and incorrect observation. When Dada finally arrived about ten minutes later, Ford just about jumped out of his chair. Dada's arrival home is the highlight of our day!
Thanks so much for doing this Emily! I love being able to keep up with the little man via your blog. Such a blessing for Stacy and I!
ReplyDelete