Monday, August 15, 2011

Revenge of the Sophie...or...Ford's First Trip to the Zoo

Sophie the Giraffe is Ford's favorite toy.
Sophie is billed as the "World's Best Teething Toy," but she's so much more.  We gnaw on Sophie while riding in the car, bang her on our tray while waiting for our food, and keep her nearby at all times.  We love her -- so much, in fact that we currently own two Sophies, just in case one Sophie meets with catastrophe (a likely fate, as we are pretty hard on old Sophie).

So, when we took Ford on his first trip to the Zoo earlier this month, we headed straight for the giraffes, thinking that Ford might be excited to see a real, larger-than-life Sophie.

Got my Sophie with me, and I'm ready to go see some animals, Dad!

Come on, Mama -- let's roll!



Oh, man -- that Sophie is HUGE!  Oh no!  What if she gnaws my ear like I do on my Sophie's?

Mama, this isn't a good idea.  You don't know how hard I just threw Sophie out of my stroller.  Revenge could be brutal.  Let's get out of here.  (He really was a little upset at this point).

Huh.  They aren't that interested in me, Dada.  I can't imagine why...surely those giraffes have never seen a kid as awesome as me.  I think we're in the clear, though.

Silly Sophies!  I've intimidated them into submission.  The Ford Staredown strikes again. 


I wasn't really scared.  I knew those Sophies wouldn't bother me.  I'm one more scary dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment