Monday, March 7, 2011

Ode to the iPhone

I have wondered at least a million times over the past five months, "What would I do without my iPhone?"  "Panic" would be my answer, as I discovered when my beloved toy appeared to break a few weeks ago.  She recovered quickly, thank goodness.  Seriously, though...my iPhone allows me to incessantly text questions to my mother, read the news while I'm nursing, keep up with my friends' goings-on via blogs and Facebook...I could go on.  If I reflect on it long, I start to worry that I'm too dependent on technology and never could have hacked it as a pre-Internet Age mom.  Oh well, most of the time, I'm just grateful for my little toy that keeps me somewhat connected to the outside world.

One of the most fun post-baby iPhone features has to be its camera.  I constantly take pictures of Ford and send them out to family and friends, usually with not-so-clever little captions.  I realized the other day that I have far more iPhone photos of Ford than I do conventional photos -- one of the bad aspects of my little addiction, as the iPhone photos are certainly inferior to those from my real camera.  However, the iPhone is handy for capturing funny and fleeting moments.  Here are a few from months three and four below, with some thoughts from the Little Buddy:

First time sitting up in my Bob like a big boy!  Lambie usually rides with me to keep me company.

Rocking my Miami Vice look.  Also known as the Last Time to Wear My Puppydog Jammies.  Mommy was especially sad to see me outgrow this nine-month sleeper, as it is her favorite.

All dressed up and stuffed in my Bumbo.  This is the evening after I went to lunch with Mommy, Mimi and Mrs. Lynne.  Sidenote:  As of March, Ford no longer fits in the bumbo.  At all.  Period.

These are the primary reason he no longer fits in the bumbo.  Notice the way the socks are cutting off circulation at the ankle.


Much more comfortable in the 12-18 month outfits Mimi gave me!

After Mommy finally got some sense and cut out that stupid swaddle, I started sleeping spread-eagle. 

A growing boy needs to be able to stretch!

I either sleep with my arms behind my head...

Or I spread them out like this.  Either way, I need my lovey in the bed for company.

But, my favorite, favorite place of all to sleep is a big boy bed!  I am as still as a mouse when I sleep in a big
boy bed!
 My first time in my Johnny-Jump Up.  Not quite sure what I think about it.

Look, Ma!  I'm bouncing!  Without you!

After some thought, an excellent toy -- thanks, Uncle Adam!

However, no toy is better than Daddy!

On the whole, I'd say life as a BIG boy is pretty good...life is much better than when I was this small:

That's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment