Monday, June 11, 2012

Lake Weekend

Another real-time post -- We had a great time at the lake this past weekend celebrating Aunt Liz's visit home and Honey's birthday.  This was Ford's first trip to the lake since Christmas, and his first real warm-weather trip since he achieved mobility.  He loved the lake.  Constant activity, endless water, a few bubbles, some music, plenty o'popsicles, boat-driving, and lots of his favorite people to play with -- what wasn't to love?

The first thing Ford found, of course, was the HOSE.

 Dude was a surprisingly good sport about the life jacket.

 I love my Aunt Liz.

 She's an excellent cuddle buddy.  
Side note:  Ford thought about being like most babies and sleeping on the boat.  He got really mellow snuggled in his Aunt Liz's lap.  True to form, though, he fought it off like a champ...didn't doze once on the boat the whole weekend.  I have never seen a child that can beat back a nap like mine.

 Forget that napping business, Liz, let's DRIVE.

 Pops also makes a good first mate.

 My Dada is also good-looking dude.

 Takes one to know one.

 And I sure am a good-looking dude.

 Say what, Honey?

 I make swim trunks look goooood.

 Even Mama is fun at the lake!

Come on, Mama, keep up!

A boy and his Pops.


Hope Pops ate his Wheaties this morning.

 And hope Pops didn't plan to lounge on the beach.

 'Cause Pops is my favorite beach buddy, for sure!

 Happy Birthday, Honey.  I made you a strawberry cake.  My mama helped.

I got you an iPad.  I guess everyone else helped too.

Whew.  Lakin' and celebratin' even wears me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment