At thirteen months, with his speed crawling and new-found climbing ability, Ford was an excellent packing assistant. Actually, it was an enormous blessing that our house sold so quickly, because November was the month Ford really began to hone his destructive-force skills. I really had it easy -- I only had to clean the house up once for showings, and then our families helped watch him as we packed.
In the midst of the home selling and purchasing excitement, we travelled to North Carolina to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents and brothers. We stayed in a little mountain cabin near the Blue Ridge Parkway. Ford enjoyed his first real Thanksgiving meal (as he was six weeks old last year, he didn't really partake), climbed his first mountain, and slept through the Iron Bowl.
Hiking in the woods around the cabin
What would a hike be without Sock Monkey?
My parents may be rookies, but I still love 'em.
Not surprisingly, I am an awesome rock climber.
Doesn't everyone hike like this?
From near the top of Ford's First Mountain
Dada is an excellent hiking seat.
Nanny, too, makes a good pack mule.
Keep it moving, Nanny.
Ready for my Thanksgiving Feast.
Just another reminder -- Ford Price is still ONE.
Happy Turkey Day, y'all.
What does she mean I make messes? I just sit in my toy box like a good bo
Didja ever see a sweeter face?
I think not.
Nope, definitely the sweetest face in the world.
Head 'em up, move 'em out.
Is the dishwasher in good working order for the home inspection, Mama?
Whew, all this packing makes me too tired to even eat.
Look at all the work I did while Mama just sat and played with her toys.
This moving thing has been tough for my mom and dad; that's why I do my best to make everything easier for them.
Y'all believe me, right?











No comments:
Post a Comment